Senior Software Engineer
World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
Return to Search
The Senior Software Engineer should be able to perform all aspects of web development tasks, including Full Stack development. Specific responsibilities include developing, maintaining, and releasing web applications for guest and internal use, as well as contributing to related aspects of the product life cycle for all of Dave & Buster's websites.
• Work with IT Directors, IT Managers, business users, and other D&B team members to understand software requirements and author code that satisfies those requirements.
• Review, repair, and upgrade legacy code to current approved technologies to extend and enhance applications.
• Monitor and maintain production, staging, and development servers.
• Coordinate communications with IT Support of updates, changes, and new issues.
• Provide second-level support to IT Support for web-related issues.
• Has discretion to make independent decisions in matters that may significantly impact the functional area
• Encounters problems with a mix of ambiguous and standardized solutions
• Must frequently choose between alternative options that consider the broad impact of the decision
• Prioritization of work is typically determined by the incumbent, with input and guidance from the manager
• Frequently makes recommendations that are given weight
• Has some authority to modify processes, interpret policies or recommend programs that will directly impact the functional area
• Short-term goals are typically set by the incumbent in close collaboration with the manager
• Short-term goals have a direct impact on long-term goals of the functional area and/or organization
• College degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
(Qualifications - The minimum level of specific skills or abilities one must possess to be considered for this job, such as computer skills, communication skills, leadership ability, analytical ability, etc.)
• 5-7 years of relevant industry experience.
• 5+ years using .NET Framework with C# programming languages.
• Working knowledge of SQL Server, including stored procedures, triggers, and views.
• Well versed in the use of MVC and MVVM system architectures.
• Familiarity with .NET Core 2.x, MicroServices, and Docker containerization a plus.
• Ability to manage small projects on their own.
• Must be detailed oriented, resourceful, and work well under pressure.
• Demonstrate accountability, prioritize tasks, and consistently meet deadlines.
• Show a desire to learn and dedicated to professional development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**This is a 6 month contract to hire opportunity!**
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer where required by law.