World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
You will be an outstanding Compensation Analyst if:
Return to Search
You are guest-focused and professional, constantly working to build relationships across the organization.
You can do pivot tables in your sleep, and creating a complex nested formula fills your heart with joy.
You are detail-oriented, work with a strong sense of urgency, and enjoy juggling priorities.
You are skilled at balancing the need for consistency with crafting creative solutions to
You can “tell a story” with numbers, identifying how to analyze data, other angles you may need to consider, and the best way to tailor your findings to your audience.
You love to work hard and know how to have fun in the process!
A Day in the Life…
• You are one of the the in-house experts on compensation for positions at all levels of the organization. As such, you:
o Work with the rest of the compensation team to ensure all policies and procedures are carried out efficiently and accurately;
o participate in and interpret compensation surveys;
o perform annual and ad hoc range analysis;
o identify areas of opportunity in our base range structures and recommend adjustments to salary ranges and/or individual base salaries as needed;
o monitor industry compensation trends and recommend adjustments to compensation structures as needed.
• You consult with Executives, Regional Operations Directors, and Recruiters to make salary recommendations for hires, transfers, and promotions:
o educating leaders at all levels of the organization on compensation philosophy, components of total compensation, and best practices in total compensation design and administration;
o analyzing and approving offer requests to ensure compliance with compensation practices;
o evaluating impact of transfers and promotions on a team member’s target total compensation and recommending adjustments to base pay as needed;
o understanding goals and priorities of the organization and crafting competitive individualized compensation packages that align with those goals.
• Yeah, we love paying big bonuses! You are responsible for calculating bonuses under several different plans. That means you’re:
o working with various departments to gather and validate financial information;
o accurately performing and validating monthly, quarterly, and annual bonus estimates and calculations;
o working with other members of the compensation team to conducting in-depth analysis on plan effectiveness and making recommendations based on findings;
o building models to understand effect of various design options on payout percentages, accounting considerations, and financial impact.
• You partner with the the rest of the compensation team to administer the ongoing performance management initiatives and the annual merit increase processes.
• You evaluate trends in hourly pay rate changes and ensure compliance with D&B policies.
• At Dave & Buster’s, we love celebrating wins – big and small. You work with others to support the employee recognition programs, including program design, vendor management, communication, and troubleshooting.
• You support high level compensation activities, such as preparation of board materials, preparation of SEC reporting, and designing training programs.
• You write and update all job descriptions and ensure the job description database is accurate and up-to-date.
• You ensure Dave & Buster’s stays in compliance with federal and state wage & hour laws by monitoring, interpreting, and implementing updates. You act as a consultant for the HR Department and store management teams on matters such as FLSA compliance, state overtime requirements, minimum wage and tipped minimum wage, tipping policies, vacation payouts, and employment of minors.
• You create and generate standard weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and stand ready to produce ad hoc analysis on the fly.
• And, finally, because Dave & Buster’s is so focused on guest service, your job includes the ever-popular “Other Duties As Assigned.”
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Compensation Analyst role; a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Accounting, or Finance; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Advanced MS Excel skills and strong skills in other MS Office products are required. Experience working with an enterprise HRIS system is preferred.
• Excellent analytical, communication and organization skills.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in decision-making.
• Hold yourself accountable to high personal and professional standards of conduct.
• Non typical office environment. We have games in the lobby, a billiard table in the break room, Shuffleboard up front, and we get the whole office together monthly for a “Party on the Patio” to catch up with one another over ice cold “refreshments.”
• We work hard, we play hard and we have FUN!
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer.