OPENING JUNE 6 ~ HIRING Begins the week of May 20th
Apply today and we'll contact you for an interview!
A Special Events Assistant provides pressure point relief in the Special Events office so our Sales Teams can focus on introducing Dave & Buster’s to new guests every day. The SEA provides administrative support to the Special Events Manager (SEM) and Special Events Consultant (SEC) and ensures each Guest knows their business is important to Dave & Buster’s. During high‐volume periods, this position may also provide some sales and marketing support, under the direction of the GM, SEM, and/or SEC.
NITTY GRITTY DETAILS:
- You provide critical administrative support to the SE office, including faxing, filing, making copies, mailings, and other general administrative work.
- You receive and finalize contracts within the sales system and assist with collection of event deposits and payments.
- You assist in maintaining event archives.
- You take incoming Guest calls as a backup when the SEM and/or SEC are busy, taking down important information and referring the Guest’s needs to the SEM or SEC.
- You generate PowerCards, drink tickets, and the other items we need to make our events one‐of‐a‐kind.
- Like to party? We like to party… You get to show Guests around Dave & Buster’s and introduce them to all of the ways we can make their event one to remember!
- During high volume periods, you follow up on leads identified by the SEM and SEC. This will include checking availability, responding to online event inquiries (OERs/RFPs), and giving our Guests an overview of the FUN Dave & Buster’s has to offer!
- You assist in executing local marketing plans, under the direction of the GM, SEM, and SEC.
- You go above & beyond to ensure the needs of each Special Events Guest are met, processing paperwork in a timely manner, following up on questions, and working behind‐the‐scenes to make sure the SE team and Operations are set up for success.
- And, because we expect you to “Act like you own it” your job includes everything listed above PLUS the ever‐popular “other duties as assigned.” If you see a need, meet it; if you have an idea, share it; if you see a team member needing help, jump in and lend a hand!
More good stuff to know:
- Flexible schedules you can accommodate school schedules or other jobs
- Good pay
- Training and room to advance
- 50% off meal during their shifts
- PTO accrual
- After 30 days - Medical, dental, vision and voluntary benefits
- 401k w company will match following 6 months of employment
- H.E.A.R.T. Fund (Helping Employees At Rough Times)
- Power Cards - employee version loaded with chips. May be used for non redemption games only: New Hire - 50, 6 months - 100, 1 year- 150, 5 Years - 200, 10 Years - 250, 15 Years - 300, 20 Years - 350
STUFF OUR ATTORNEYS MAKE US WRITE: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member will regularly be required to:
- Non typical Restaurant environment. We have great food, millions of dollars’ worth of games, host the best Special Events and have thousands of people coming to have FUN!
- Dress to impress – we are business casual.
- The SE Office is usually open on the weekdays, but we are available nights and weekends to ensure we are available when our Guests need us!
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
- Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Read and write handwritten notes.
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds.