Human Resource Rep
World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
Return to Search
Partners with store leadership to identify, evaluate, and resolve employee relations issues within the organization to facilitate communication and improve employee morale and work performance. Also administers employee benefit plans and leaves of absence by performing the following duties.
You will be an outstanding HR Representative if:
• You love supporting managers and team members through complex issues!
• You are guest-focused, professional and constantly working to build productive relationships across the organization.
• You work with a strong sense of urgency and enjoy juggling priorities.
• You can navigate problems with a mix of creative and standardized solutions
• You love to work hard and know how to have fun in the process!
Day in the life…
• Investigates employee concerns. Works with senior store management to conduct investigations and recommend resolutions.
• Coaches store managers on investigation techniques, communication, employee morale, performance management, and other complex matters.
• Acts as a consultant to senior store management on employee relations and benefit issues; provides guidance on company policies, state and federal regulations, disciplinary matters, and terminations.
• Coordinates leaves of absence process for corporate, management, and hourly employees.
• Manages benefit enrollment process through open enrollment, benefit inquiries, and family status changes.
• Processes vendor billing and audits the arrears process and court orders.
• Assists in ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Audits stores for compliance on hiring practices, child labor laws, and company policies.
• Maintains benefit vendor contacts to investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
• Produces reports for Senior Management on trends among employee relations.
• Has discretion to make independent decisions in matters that may significantly impact the functional area
• Must frequently choose between alternative options that consider the broad impact of the decision
• Prioritization of work is typically determined by the incumbent, with input and guidance from the manager
• Frequently makes recommendations that are given weight
• Has some authority to modify processes, interpret policies or recommend programs that will directly impact the functional area
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, REQUIRED SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with HR coursework preferred; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Individual must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in decision-making.
• Strong sense of follow-up.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize.
• Hold self-accountable for high personal and professional standards of conduct.
• Must be teamwork oriented.
• Experience in restaurant, hospitality, or retail industries preferred
• Reports to the HR Manager
Non-traditional office work environment. We have games in the lobby, a billiard table in the break room, and we get everyone together for “Parties on the Patio” where we relax and catch up over ice cold “refreshments”.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We work hard, play hard and have FUN!
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer where required by law.